Ever tried to copy a large amount of files to/from your external hard disk, estimated that it will take 2 hours to finish so you left it alone and came back 2 hours later, only to find that the file copying job has stopped by some annoying pop up messages like:
- Are you sure you want to move the read only file..
- There is already a file with the same name in this location..
I've encountered this all the time and it is really frustrating. Luckily there are a lot of free programs that could help us with this issue. SuperCopier is one of them that does the job and did it better than the default Windows copy tool.
1) Download and install SuperCopier. Make sure it is running on the notification tray before you copy stuff.
2) Now try to copy anything and SuperCopier will take over the copy process as shown.
Notice that you can 'Pause' the copy process anytime, which is an extra feature of SuperCopier.
3) Click 'Unfold' and then go to 'Options' tab and you could select the action taken when the program encounters file collisions or copy errors. (Highlighted in red boxes below) Choose the appropriate actions so that the copy process won't be interrupted when you go for coffee break :)
It also copies files much faster than the default Windows copier. More advanced features can be found in the program settings.